OK, I probably just need to write a macro that will begin every entry expressing shame at the passage of time since my last one and determination to turn over a new leaf. 2015 was a straight-up dud in terms of quantity, with just 18 posts—the fewest in this site’s 11-year history. A lot of recipes worth remembering and sharing fell by the wayside, leaving my formerly straightforward system in disarray. But at least the cream rises to the top, and nearly every recipe I posted is one I’ve enjoyed multiple times.
I usually pick 10 favorite recipes to sum up a year, but that would be about 55% of my 2015 content right there, so I’ll whittle it down to five special gems:
- Curried Roasted Cauliflower Soup not only introduced me to the deliciousness of cumin seed but decisively converted me to one of the year’s trendiest vegetables.
- Unique, easy, and delicious, Roasted Chicken With Smoked Paprika, Blood Orange, and Ginger was the perfect dish to serve to my visiting parents and celebrate my mom’s birthday.
- Kale Cobb Salad is A’s most regularly requested meal besides tacos, and I’m always happy to oblige.
- I ate pounds and pounds of the incredibly addictive Green Beans With Almond Pesto last summer.
- Thai Pork Tenderloin Salad got us through a sweltering and seemingly endless summer/fall, as well as sealing the deal on my new appreciation for raw cabbage.